Re: CPU specific/optimized Debian builds ?

tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:

> Right.  So you use the i586 optimizations on an i586, and the i386
> optimizations on an i386.  Why is this so confusing?

I neither have a i386 nor a i586 which package should I use?

I got a AMD-something and what Joe says is that it might be better for
me to use the i386 version than the i586 version of a package but the
ordinary user (which I consider myself one of when it come to
spu-specific optimisations) I would intuitively think than I should
choose the newest subarc that not newer than my computer.

--
 Peter Makholm     |       I have something to say: It's better to burn in
 peter@makholm.net |                              hell, than to fade away!