Re: firewalls immoral?

begin  George Danchev  quotation:

> I'm sorry to hear that bulgarian kiddies could take over or DoS your
> boxes. I'm bulgarian and feel this statement quite abusive. All I can
> say is - it is not fair, please apologize.

I'm sorry if it offended you, but frankly, I think you're being
unnecessarily sensitive about it. Bulgaria was more or less randomly
chosen as a distant (relative to the USA) foreign country from which
well-known computer security threats have emerged in the past. For
example, quite a number of viruses have originated in Bulgaria (though
your country certainly is not alone in that), and I recall something
from a couple of years or so ago about Bulgarian "hackers" being behind
some well-publicized computer break-in. These things are probably why
Bulgaria came to mind, though certainly other countries would have fit
the bill just as well (and from your perspective in Europe, I imagine
the USA is at least as common a source of foreign-based network attacks
as any other country).

Craig