Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 09:28:36AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> (Truely ironic since debian doesn't use firewalls
> by default, and doesn't have any immediate plans for a release with the
> "iptables-style firewalling" mentioned at one point to be included in a
> default kernel.)

*blink* iptables aren't in the default 2.4 kernel?

(iptables and ipchains are both included in all new installs; obviously
you can only use ipchains if you install a 2.2 kernel)

For reference, I'd consider a tool that lets you choose to deny packets
based on (source-network and dest-port) to be adequate as far as that
requirement goes. Getting something that works and is usable is necessary,
equaling iptables or whatever certainly isn't.

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''
                    -- http://www.angryflower.com/vegeta.gif