Re: nomarch-1.2 - Problems with RLE patent 4,586,027

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 11:16:41AM +1200, Nick Phillips wrote:
> Yes, you can even invalidate your own patents by revealing the invention in
> a public forum too soon. And it happens.

For reference, "too soon" in the US means one year before the patent is
filed.  Technically you cannot patent anything not created within the past
year.  If you release your invention to the world 13 months before you
file the patent, you have already given prior art to your own patent and
the thing should not be granted.  But we all know the USPTO better than
that, so it will be granted anyway and you're just screwed if you ever try
to enforce it.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>     I N33D MY G4M3Z, D00D!!!!111!!
                                                      (Just ... don't ask)

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.