Re: firewalling capabilities / release criteria

"John H. Robinson, IV" <jhriv@ucsd.edu> writes:

> On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 03:59:07PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> >
> > I mean, have you asked porters?  Do you hear us crying out for such a
> > document?  Why do you think it would be helpful?
>
> so _i_ would know!

But this is my point.  Porters do not need such a document.  We have
plenty to do.  The threshhold number of Debian packages is a good
standard, beyond that, we don't really need such a list of "necessary
features", which is more likely to distort development than help it.