Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

Firewalling serves the purpose only of covering holes that shouldn't
be there in the first place.

i would agree with you on that, and in an ideal world, of course, I would consider firewalling to be a complete waste of time.  However, those holes that "shouldn't be there" often, unfortunately, are, and experience has shown that one of the ways of reducing them is to firewall.  In my daily work I spend a great deal of time telling people that firewalling is not enough, but I don't ever tell them it's not needed.