Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

Chris Lawrence <lawrencc@debian.org> writes:

> As for the rest, it mostly reads as sour grapes by people who have
> been trying to get the Hurd to work since before Linus even thought of
> making his (at the time) simple, non-portable Minix-on-steroids kernel.

Huh?  The Hurd works, and I've never expressed sour grapes.  I think
Linux is great.  Some people seem bent on conflict and a sort of "my
system makes yours obsolete/pointless/whatever".  I think such
attitudes are a great distraction in the free software movement.

Gnome vs. KDE; the Hurd vs. Linux; GNU vs. BSD; X Emacs vs. GNU Emacs;
etc., etc., etc.  All these are pointless battles.  Sure, I have my
own preferences.  And so does nearly everyone.  But I think having all
these projects succeed and produce more wonderful software is only
good for the world.

Thomas