Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> writes:

> So, in that regard, the translators can exist anywhere, not only in /hurd.

Of course.  But we're designing a system.  To quote ftpusers: if you
want to help, help.  Sniping doesn't help.

And actually understanding the system is a pre-requisite for helping.
Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

Now if you want to point out that FHS doesn't mention /hurd and so
using it is in violation of FHS, then you are quite right.

If you want to point out that the Debian GNU/Hurd port is not ready
for prime time until it fully conforms to the relevant parts of Debian
policy, and that it doesn't yet, then you are quite right.

Now, since we all know these two facts, and since the Debian GNU/Hurd
team knows these two facts, and since the relevant people are all
working to make sure that the Debian GNU/Hurd port does match policy,
can we just move on, ignore Jeroen, and do some real work?

Thomas