Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 12:37:06PM -0600, Joel Baker wrote:
> It seems like Policy would pick this up if the FHS itself was amended, by
> default. Now, since as we all know, Policy Isn't A Beating Stick (tm), the
> migration to libexec, while a Good Thing in principle (if and when it makes
> it into the FHS) would need to be treated much like the doc -> share stuff
> that we've been working on for... two releases now, is it?

Not really. docs are a different case because people actually need to go
looking for & find them. If we have a release with things spread between
/lib and /libexec it's not as big a deal as telling people "usually your
docs are under /usr/doc, but you might want to check /usr/share/doc
also. This is documented in the docs. :)" As long as programs can find
their *own* libexec's and dependencies are handled properly, I don't see
why a partial libexec transition is impossible.

--
Mike Stone