Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 10:21:33AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> writes:

> > However, the Hurd port is asking for Policy to be
> > *relaxed* [...]

> NO, the Debian GNU/Hurd porting team has *NOT* asked for any such
> relaxation.

Sorry.  I mean to say, this is effectively what has been requested on
behalf of the Hurd port.

Or, better, any plan to reintroduce /usr/libexec into the FHS would
require Policy to be relaxed (de facto if not de jure) to allow files
to be placed in a directory that was not allowed before, as well as to
accomodate a suitable lib -> libexec transition period.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer