Re: CVS directories in debian packages

* Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> [020518 06:13]:
>  I think, therefore, that CVS dirs should never leave the
>  developers machine, whether in binary, or in source packages.

While I think this is true for finished packages, I think having
CVS in an source-package can make sense for experimental packages
to be shared between an group of people. Beeing able to
unpack it and first update it to the newest upstream-version
is quite nice. (There are other possiblities for it, but I think
this has it's uses).

Therefore I think an lintian warning might be good (Though having
its problems with strange upstream), but having some build script
remove them would destroy possibilities.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
<gEistiO> sagen wir mal...ich hab alle sourcen in /lost+found/waimea
<me> gEistiO: [...] Warum lost+found?