Re: RMS' girlfriend

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 12:19:19PM -0300, Carlos Laviola wrote:
> On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 03:51:26PM -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> > Em Sun, 12 May 2002 03:18:51 -0300, Carlos Laviola <claviola@debian.org>
> > escreveu:
> >
> > > People should just stop being so arrogant.  This is Bruce Perens and he
> >
> > I see no one acting that arrongantly here... and btw, it doesn't really
> > matter if it is Bruce Perens or God posting... RMS himself was put on
> > hold on our NM queue and that is the way the whole thing should be...
>
> I fail to see the relation between Bruce (was big in Debian) and RMS
> (was never in Debian) and God (never seen anywhere, IIRC).  What I meant
> by saying "this is Bruce Perens" was that he is clueful enough to know
> what he should and what he should not post, most of the times.

I think the relation between God is really inrelevant and I don't
want to get in a religion war (those big airplanes hurt :P). FYI: I
don't know about Bruce, but Richard "Impeach God" Stallman is an
atheist.

You should know the relation between Bruce and RMS. They are both
leaders of the Free Software movement (and not of the Open Source
movement, as Bruce has seen that it failed and doesn't support it
anymore). They share at least some of the same ideals.

The relation between them and Debian is pretty clear too. Without
Bruce, Debian wouldn't be as it is today. Without RMS, I doubt Debian
would exist at all.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org