Re: CVS directories in debian packages

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Joey Hess wrote:
> Can anyone think of a reason for a debian binary package to include a
> CVS directory? I can't, and about 50 packages in unstable do. For

No. I think we should add a lintian warning/error for binary debs with CVS/
directories with a Root file in them.

> I'm also considering making some parts of debhelper refuse to install
> CVS directories, or even actively delete them[2].

I would very much appreciate CVS/ being added to a global exclude list in
debhelper.

OTOH, I certainly would not appreciate at all if a test
"dpkg-buildpackage" command in my workdir trashed all the CVS info (the
final debs are generated using cvs-buildpackage, which uses a clean export
of course).

  Henrique Holschuh