Re: Woody / Stable

> Bull puckey.  Is it such a burden to check the news at, for example,
> debianplanet.org, which carried the news of the delay the very day it was
> announced by our release manager?  You don't even need to resort to
> "obscure" developer mailing lists to do that.
>
> http://debianplanet.org/article.php?sid=666&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
>
> And as you can see in the followups, debianplanet provides ample space for
> people to whine^H^H^H^H^Hdiscuss the Debian release process.  I really don't
> think Debian keeps the public in the dark.
>
> > IMO, debian could publish a Target
> > Milestone Page with the state of them.
>
> I disagree.  This would add yet another burden to the already overburdened
> release manager.  No further work by Debian needs to be done on this.
> Anthony Towns has done a great job of keeping everyone informed.

Indeed, for people who already know where to look. Why not put a small blurb
in the main webpage www.debian.org/releases/woody/. Basically one paragraph
as described in the debianplanet.org description. Clearly anyone ALREADY
familiar with debian will be well-aware of the release status however
the average user or newcomer will not grasp the signficance of
the phrases 'Release-critical bugs' etc or will S/he be likely to
click on debian-devel-announce mailing list.

-walter