Re: Woody / Stable

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 11:50:17AM -0700, "Thomas Bushnell, BSG" <tb@becket.net> was heard to say:
> Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> writes:
>
> > [1] Blunt as it may seem, it really does get tiresome repeatedly spelling
> >     out in detail why things are this way.  Please don't confuse this
> >     maxim with dismissal or impoliteness.  "It's ready when it's ready"
> >     is a very good thing.  It means we deliver high quality releases when
> >     they are finished, not poor quality releases when the deadline comes.
>
> I'd note that the original message did not dispute any of this.
>
> The original question was "can I slip these packages in under the wire
> since the release got delayed".

  I think you've gotten your threads confused.  If I hadn't happened to
browse the -qa archives yesterday, I wouldn't have a clue what you're
talking about.

  Daniel

|              "It is said that someone at a party once asked                 |
|               the famous philosopher Ly Tin Weedle, 'why                    |
|               are you here?', and the reply took three years."              |
|                -- Terry Pratchett                                           |
\------- (if (not (understand-this)) (go-to http://www.schemers.org)) --------/