Re: Woody / Stable

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 07:34:06PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Thu, 16 May 2002 16:58:04 +0200, Gerfried Fuchs
> > It's ready when it's ready.  That is the best time schedule that is
> >available.
>
> AFAIR, woody _is_ ready, and all we can do is to wait for the security
> infrastructure. Since there are no trivially visible way to help, I
> think the question is valid.

Saying "it's ready when it's ready" is not treating the question as
invalid. It's right on the mark.[1]  Woody *isn't* ready due to the security
infrastructure not being in place yet, and whether or not there is a
"trivially visible way to help" doesn't change the fact that there is no
schedule.

Ben
[1] Blunt as it may seem, it really does get tiresome repeatedly spelling
    out in detail why things are this way.  Please don't confuse this
    maxim with dismissal or impoliteness.  "It's ready when it's ready"
    is a very good thing.  It means we deliver high quality releases when
    they are finished, not poor quality releases when the deadline comes.