Re: Woody / Stable

Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> writes:

> [1] Blunt as it may seem, it really does get tiresome repeatedly spelling
>     out in detail why things are this way.  Please don't confuse this
>     maxim with dismissal or impoliteness.  "It's ready when it's ready"
>     is a very good thing.  It means we deliver high quality releases when
>     they are finished, not poor quality releases when the deadline comes.

I'd note that the original message did not dispute any of this.

The original question was "can I slip these packages in under the wire
since the release got delayed".

The appropriate action from ftpmaster was to say "no, I'm sorry, but
we can't do that.  It isn't that sort of delay".

The actual action was to ignore the message entirely.

Thomas