Re: Virus Checking - COMPLETELY UNENCUMBERED!

On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 18:20, Joseph Carter wrote:
> for many users.  The other scans all attachments for executable content,
> regardless of the filename.  While not always desirable to reject such
> messages, it is at least worthwhile to tag them as suspect and probably
> either spam or a virus (or both..)
>
> If amavis does not provide this functionality, then I shall seek it
> elsewhere.  Perhaps that exim filter will do as I need; certainly I can
> rewrite the filter in question for use with postfix in perl or python if
> it does.

What messages amavis detects as viruses depends on what virus scanning
software you use with it.

It will always scan all attachments, regardless of filename, mime-type,
size or anything like that.

So, if I copied one of scannerdaemon virus signatures here, in the body
of this message, the message would never get to the destination. It
would be detected as a virus.

I am not sure, is this what you want? If not, it should be possible to
add what you want simply by modifying the code.

This isn't perfect though, I have received SPAM emails with very
suspicious attachments that aren't detected as virus...
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>