Re: Virus Checking - COMPLETELY UNENCUMBERED!

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 06:38:08PM +0200, Hilko Bengen wrote:
> As the name suggests, it is a complete rewrite of AMaViS. With no
> build-time configuration necessary, it is way easier to make a Debian
> package from it. A debian/ directory is provided in the tarball.
>
> As the main developer, I'd love it to see AMaViS-ng in Debian.

Please note, it is generally agreed that this is a bad idea.  The way I
have seen recommended for this is that you name the directory "deb/" and
do a symlink on build or so if there is no pre-existing debian/ - this way
your debian dir is useful for your users, and if the Debian developer
needs to make changes there are not problems with diff hell.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>          You want fries with that?

* athener calls Amnesty International House of Pancakes