Re: possible mass-filing of bugs: many shared library packages contain binaries in usr/bin

This one time, at band camp, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
>On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 10:27:32PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
>> There are some shared library packages that contain binaries in usr/bin
>> It is generally a bad idea, considering co-installation of
>> shared libraries with different sonames.
>
><list of packages>
>
>The problem is that we don't have /libexec in Debian GNU/Linux (we do
>in GNU/Hurd). I really think that's a bug and those binaries in these
>library packages probably belong in /libexec.

How is The Hurd at all relevant to placement of *-config scripts?

Well done, Captain Irrelevant.

To the sane members of this list:  I suggest using the alternatives system
for *-config.

--
jaq@spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg

 Well vers'd was he in ye skylles of LARTe;
 'twas said thirteen dozenne spammers he'd cleaved apart!
 His bootes were black, and about his wayste
 A cellephone, and a Leathermanne fair well were playc'd.
        -- Tanuki the Raccoon-dog emulating Chaucer,
		   in the Scary Devil Monastery