Re: possible mass-filing of bugs: many shared library packages contain binaries in usr/bin

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 07:03:40PM +0200, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 05:51:25PM +0200, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> > Of course it is, if they are only called by libraries (or other
> > binaries), they should be in /libexec instead of /bin. And I'm not
> > sure it's wrong to ship them in a library packages then.
>
> According to FHS they need to be placed in sbin, like sendmail for example.

No, sbin is for binaries used by system administrators only. It's a
broken concept anyhow, as almost all binaries in sbin can be used
sensefully by normal users (listening on a port > 1024 or working on a
filesystem image for example).

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org