Re: HELP: ext3 root partition with kernel-image packages without reboot

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 06:01:39PM -0700, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 04:52:07PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > I cannot imagine a way to unmount the root partition unless via a
> > reboot.
>
> I corrected my document.  Thanks.  For all practical purposes for an
> entry level document, reboot for this kind of situation shall be
> allowed anyway :)

I haven't tried this, but couldn't you do something like "mount -o
remount -t ext3 /"?

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin