Re: libreadline

On Sat, 2002-05-04 at 17:14, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Also, a point of information for those of us who don't know all the
> details.  The GPL-incompatibility in the Open SSL package is purely
> that it contains a variant on the old noxious BSD advertising clause.
> Has anyone asked the OpenSSL project if they would consider removing
> the clause?  (Or replacing it with a request?)

for the start of the thread that I created on debian-legal.

I was told that openssl  cannot change the license, Eric Young is the
copyright holder. I do not know if anyone has approached Eric (I would
be surprised if nobody has) or not, but somebody thought it would be
unlikely that he would want to change it.
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>