Re: ext3 root partition with kernel-image packages

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 05:14:46PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> That of course is what we did. And we also changed the /etc/fstab entry
> to no avail. As you can see above the initrd did insmod ext3 correctly
> but it not used and the partition is mounted as ext2.

I've noticed that on some systems the initrd ext3 thing just doesn't
seem to work. I've got 6 or 7 systems where changing ext2 to ext3 in
fstab and recreating the initrd worked, and one where it didn't. The
latter is my laptop, and ext3 only works if compiled into the kernel. I
have absolutely no idea why. The ext3 module *is* loaded by the
initrd...

--
Mike Stone