Re: new draft release announcement

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 09:56:56AM +0200, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> this was discussed a long ago. the rN is a concession to the CD
> distributors that don't want to print a large number of CD with the
> fear of Debian releasing a 'new' (note quoting) version. i don't agree
> but it was decided that 3.0rN looks less scary than 3.0.N.

I wonder if that would apply to nuclear missiles...

    "Oh, don't worry, Honey.  I can see the release version from here.
    That's just a 3.0r2.  Not nearly as devistating as the 3.0.2
    version.  We'll be crispy in 10 milliseconds instead of 8."

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie