Re: new draft release announcement

Il gio, 2002-05-02 alle 09:07, Manoj Srivastava ha scritto:
> >>"Josip" == Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:
>
>  Josip> On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 01:35:14PM -0400, Walter Tautz wrote:
>  >> Am I correct in assuming that revision of woody will designated
>  >> as was the case for potato by
>  >>
>  >> 3.0_rev? where ? =1,2,3 etc?
>
>  Josip> Or 3.0rN, yeah...
>
> 	Hmm. Why don't we follow the common versioning scheme of
>  3.0.1, 3.0.2, 3.1.0. 3.1.1, etc?

this was discussed a long ago. the rN is a concession to the CD
distributors that don't want to print a large number of CD with the fear
of Debian releasing a 'new' (note quoting) version. i don't agree but it
was decided that 3.0rN looks less scary than 3.0.N.

--
Federico Di Gregorio
INIT.D Developer                                           fog@initd.org