Re: Link to homepage of Package

>>"Matt" == Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:

 Matt> If you want that information, it would be better to use a
 Matt> static value like "none" than something derived like the URL of
 Matt> the package page.

	That would work.

 Matt> Though I don't see what that information allows you to do
 Matt> except complain to the maintainer to add the URL, and in that
 Matt> case, you should already know the answer if making such a
 Matt> request.

	It'll allow me to filter which packages to work on (i.e.,
 discover upstream URL's for) to try to get things moved over to the
 new schema. Not knowing whether a package has an upstream URL or not
 at all would add to the frustration, and perhaps lead to multiple
 people hunting for non existent web pages.

	Seems to me some way of distinguishing between these cases at
 least in the transition period (and even beyond) has value.

	manoj
--
 "I call Christianity the *one* great curse, the *one* great intrinsic
 depravity, the *one* great instinct for revenge for which no