Re: Link to homepage of Package

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> It would be best if the whole debian/copyright file could be
> browsed before installation.
>
> Upstream page address is not always useful, although it sometimes
> can be.
There where several discussions about this topic and there are even
entries in the BTS about this topic and I would strongly support any
reasonable idea to get upstream URL (if existant - if not it is the
Debian package page itself) clearly visible to the package page.

I tried to work around on several of my packages (just have a look
at http://people.debian.org/~igenibel/packages.php?login=tille and
follow the links to the binary package pages) by inserting the
URL into the description text.  Moreover I started to insert

  XBCS-URL: <Homepage>

into debian/control (see policy manual).  There was a discussion
between 8. and 11. of January this year (if I remember right on
debian-devel - sorry, no time to check for the URL in the archive)
about this topic including the relevant bug numbers...

Kind regards

         Andreas.