Re: Quarteryearly reminder (ftpmaster delaying installation)

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 04:38:02AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> If I were the actually reject the package,

It could be simply accepted, and the maintainers could it sort out among
themselves.  As it was done for groff and japanese support for example.

> If anyone else would like to spend *their* time trying to get a resolution
> worked out, you might like to look at bug#103778 or some of the apt-i18n
> stuff in queue/new (the world-readable versions anyway).

A much better link is the thread starting at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200201/msg00947.html
(thanks Jeroen), which at least makes clear what the issue actually is.
It also appears that if Jason would be enthusiastic about i18n, we
would have an i18n'ed apt half a year ago, but that is also my personal
impression from what little information is publically available (considering
that the technical disagreements are minor).

All three bug reports on this issue don't have any record of a life sign of
Jason.  And it seems that some mail with technical discussion has been
private.  That doesn't give anybody a good head start to help.

> Of course, I've
> no doubt most people bothering with this thread are more interested in
> ranting about politics and how unfair everything is than actually fixing
> the problem.

Or ranting about how other people prefer to rant instead of helping.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de