Re: Getting a lot of virus-laden spam (Was: Fwd: Returned mail--"use wild card characters.")

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 02:52:23PM -0700, Ian Eure wrote:
> Has anyone else recieved messages similar to this? I got this yesterday, and
> another today. Both appear to be laden with email viruses, and they both have
> forged headers, making them appear to come from postmaster@debian.org...

Yes, several.  And a couple apparently from other developers, other
non-developers, from debian-devel@lists.debian.org (yes, From:, I kid you
not, silly virus!) and now from myself using both of my active email
addresses.

So much for Microsoft's security initiative.  Most of them have been the
klez virus or a couple of variants, some with almost convincing messages
attached to them about security patches for IE and the like.  Point,
laugh, have a good time, and be glad you're not using win32.  =)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>      Available in cherry and grape

* joeyh_ wonders if linux is supposed to lock up when you ask 100
  processes to cat the entire cd drive