Re: XFree 4.2.0 - again

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 22:58, Lasse Karkkainen wrote:
>  >> That's the result of reading your (=Debian developers') rude replies
>  >> to very polite questions asked by other people.
>  >
>  > If you claim that your first post was polite I am truly amazed. It was
>  > a very rude and very clueless attack against Branden. You owe him an
>  > apology.
>
> My message was not meant to be polite.

You achieved your aim in that regard, if nothing else.

> After silently reading those for several months, I just wouldn't want to
> go there and post another polite question.

Fuck you too.

> What I didn't know when posting that was that you are trying to release
> Woody very soon. It is acceptable that, at such phase, all time is
> temporarily (for couple of weeks) devoted for it.

It takes more than a couple of weeks to test any large piece of software for
release.  If you were a programmer you would know this.

> Some people said that I'm not contributing. I don't know if they meant
> Debian or open-source in general. In case of the former, they are right.
> I'm a human with limited resources.

What do you contribute to open source in general?  A search of sourceforge
and google reveals nothing.

>  > Do you know how to operate CVS and get your OWN copy of 4.2?
>
> LOL. As if I didn't use CVS daily for developement and as if I hadn't
> co'ed CVS-versions of XF few weeks before 4.2.0 was released (and
> several times after that too), to get the hardware support. Every
> version refused to compile here though.

You previously said that it's not difficult to compile it.  Should we
conclude that you are saying you are not intelligent enough to complete
simple tasks?

> Anyway, no need to add my address to your mail filters - this will be my

Actually I was thinking of adding your address to a cron job...