Re: XFree 4.2.0 - again

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 01:46:54PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Dunno, but I only had to do:
>
> 1. Download Xxserv.tgz and Xmod.tgz
>    from ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.2.0/binaries
> 2. Untar over top of xserver-xfree86's files and fix X symlink.
> 3. Put xserver-xfree86 on hold.
>
> It took all of 10 minutes from a standing start, less time than many
> winers seem to spend on their flames.

I believe the documented process was a little more involved than that, but
not much really.  No need to put Branden's package on hold.  Even Lasse
should be able to do it if he really tries to think about it first.

> Xdm doesn't work, but that's the only breakage I've run into.

... and this comes as a surprise?  Xdm is evil.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>          I swallowed your goldfish

<netgod> heh thats a lost cause, like the correct pronounciation of
         "jewelry"
<netgod> give it up :-)
<sage> and the correct spelling of "colour" :)
<BenC> heh
<sage> and aluminium
<BenC> or nuclear weapons
<sage> are you threating me yankee ?
<sage> just cause we don't have the bomb...
<BenC> back off ya yellow belly