Re: Recommending non-free software

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 04:50:51PM +0200, Stefan Schwandter wrote:
> And it doesn't make sense if I compile the program with lesstif, as long
> as upstream doesn't want to support it, because if people file bug
> reports against snd in debian, and I forward it to him, he'll most
> probably not want to deal with them - because it simply is not
> recommended to compile snd with lesstif.

I dont see that as enough reason against compiling it with lesstif, when
and if it works.
If a bugreport in snd is due to a bug in lesstif, then refile it as a bug
in lesstif. simple.
The author would be perfectly justified in not wanting to deal with it,
because it wouldnt be a bug in his software.