Recommending non-free software

Hello,

I'm the maintainer of the snd and snd-dmotif packages. In the upstream
author's opinion the gtk+ version (snd) is far inferiour to the
openmotif version (snd-dmotif), so I would like to add a note about that
in README.Debian, so that users that don't know snd yet will install the
more useful package snd-dmotif (which is in contrib, since openmotif is
non-free).

I know that debian prefers free software, but the interests of our users
have even more priority, so I think it would be right to add such a
note.

Any objections?

regards, Stefan

--