Re: ITP: libsocket++ - Socket abstraction library for C++

Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org> cum veritate scripsit:

> I intent to package libsocket++, a small C++ library that abstracts
> network sockets. It provides buffered reads/writes and address family
> independent handling of sockets.

Could you tell me why you are using
-release @RELEASE@ instead of -version 0:0:0 ?

<quote from="libtool manual">
   *_Never_* try to set the interface numbers so that they correspond
to the release number of your package.  This is an abuse that only
fosters misunderstanding of the purpose of library versions.  Instead,
use the `-release' flag (*note Release numbers::), but be warned that
every release of your package will not be binary compatible with any
other release.
</quote>

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4