gcc-3.0 problems

My knowledge of gcc-2.95 vs gcc-3.0 intricacies and C++ specialities is
far too small to figure out what's going on here:

and I estimate  that I won't have the time to improve my knowledge
sufficiently either untill woody deadline so I plan to drop support for
all platforms that _require_ gcc-3.0. How would I achieve that:

* by explicitly adding "Conflicts: gcc-3.0" to the control file?
* by explicitly naming all supported plattforms?
* by excluding some architectures (this doesn't seem to be possible)

The upstream who's much more knowledgeable won't be available during the
next two weeks either. So if there's any g++-3.0 guru listening, then I'd
be glad for some hints.

Here's how far I've come: If I:

* define CXX = LINKER = g++-3.0 and CC = gcc-3.0
* add -DCOMPILER_GNU to the CXX options in the Makefile
  then the "looser throw specifier for `virtual" goes away.

but then I get plentyful of undefined references. Ex:

++  -o xxdiff optionsDialog.o searchDialog.o app.o cmdline.o
suicideMessageBox.o main.o overview.o copyLabel.o text.o scrollView.o
central.o merged.o lineNumbers.o util.o help.o exceptions.o builder.o
builderFiles2.o builderFiles3.o builderDirs2.o builderUnmerge.o diffs.o
hordiffImp.o line.o buffer.o resources.o accelUtil.o resParser.o
markersFileDialog.o getopt.o getopt1.o version.o markersWidgetBase.o
optionsDialogBase.o searchDialogBase.o moc_optionsDialog.o
moc_searchDialog.o moc_app.o moc_diffs.o moc_resources.o moc_scrollView.o
moc_central.o moc_merged.o moc_markersFileDialog.o moc_markersWidgetBase.o
moc_optionsDialogBase.o
moc_searchDialogBase.o  -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lqt -lXext -lX11 -lm
optionsDialog.o: In function `(anonymous
namespace)::XxColoredItem::XxColoredItem[not-in-charge](XxResources
const*, XxColor)':
optionsDialog.o(.text+0x1e): undefined reference to
`QListBoxText::QListBoxText[not-in-charge](QString const&)'

The whole thing builds and compiles without problems with gcc-2.95
*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch
	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11