Re: Supermount

On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 16:54, David Odin wrote:
>   Well, the main problem I have with supermount and not have with
> automount is the following:
>   I'm a CS teacher, and the linux distribution in the computer room is
> mandrake. And, very often, a student use supermount to mount a floppy,
> do some stuff, but manage to log off with the floppy still mounted.
> Then, the next student using the same computer cannot use the floppy,
> since it is still mounted. Only root can unmount then, and that's very
> boring.

Why is the floppy being mounted/unmounted at all?  If you have
supermount, the point is quite simply that you do not have to
mount/unmount once the device is mounted; you are mounting the device
itself, not the medium.

If you don't want supermount in Mandrake, just remove the supermount
settings from /etc/fstab, unload the kernel module, and no student
should be able to mount w/ supermount anymore.