Re: The GNU FDL is a free license! (Was: Re: O: gnu-standards -- GNU coding standards)

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 09:29:27PM +0200, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> > IMO, an FDL-licensed document with invariant sections is non-free. As a
> > user of Debian, I'd like to know that they're not installed on my system
> > if I'm only using packages from main.
>
> The FDL is not DFSG-compliant, but that doesn't make it non-free.

By the definitions we have given "non-free", it is exactly that.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>             Sooner or later, BOOM!

<Hydroxide> knightbrd: from knightbrd.brain import * :)
<knghtbrd> Oh gods if it were that easy ..
<knghtbrd> from carmack.brain import OpenGL