Re: The GNU FDL is a free license! (Was: Re: O: gnu-standards -- GNU coding standards)

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 05:22:53PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 09:29:27PM +0200, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> > > IMO, an FDL-licensed document with invariant sections is non-free. As a
> > > user of Debian, I'd like to know that they're not installed on my system
> > > if I'm only using packages from main.
> >
> > The FDL is not DFSG-compliant, but that doesn't make it non-free.
>
> By the definitions we have given "non-free", it is exactly that.

If it was software, it was non-free. Our definitions are only about
software. The GNU FDL is about documentation, which is a totally
different.

Besides that, are our definitions right?

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org