Re: The GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL) and /usr/share/common-licenses

 Dale> On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> [...]

 Dale> There are an ever growing number of packages that make use of
 Dale> the GNU Free Documentation License. Isn't it about time to put
 Dale> a copy of this license into the common reference area?

 >> Depends. Would you say that at least 1% of Debian packages use
 >> a license before it be deemed ``common''? How many packages use this
 >> license, then?

 Dale> I can't answer any of your questions ;-)

	Well, since there are these other issues being raised
 (specificcally, the concern that GFDL may not meet the DFSG [I happen
 to disagree with that statement, for what that counts for]), we
 should wait for the dust to settle down before moving things into an
 area designated for common, free, licenses, don't you think?

	manoj
--
 "Well, if you can't believe what you read in a comic book, what *can*
 you believe?!"  Bullwinkle J. Moose