Re: The GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL) and /usr/share/common-licenses

 Dale> On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> [...]

 Dale> There are an ever growing number of packages that make use of
 Dale> the GNU Free Documentation License. Isn't it about time to put
 Dale> a copy of this license into the common reference area?

 >> Depends. Would you say that at least 1% of Debian packages use
 >> a license before it be deemed ``common''? How many packages use this
 >> license, then?

 Dale> I can't answer any of your questions ;-)

	Well, since there are these other issues being raised
 (specificcally, the concern that GFDL may not meet the DFSG [I happen
 to disagree with that statement, for what that counts for]), we
 should wait for the dust to settle down before moving things into an
 area designated for common, free, licenses, don't you think?

 "Well, if you can't believe what you read in a comic book, what *can*
 you believe?!"  Bullwinkle J. Moose