Re: how-to push a package in testing ?

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 10:14:30AM -0500, christophe barb? wrote:
> I have a problem which is certainly going to solvs itself soon but
> I want to be sure.
> A few package version ago, libusb lacks of shlibs info. This is now
> solved and I have rebuild gphoto2 against the new libusb but during this
> time my gphoto2 package requiring a 0.1.5 (upstream version) entered in
> woody when the associated libusb package not (because of another
> problem).
>

> gphoto2 doesn't work with the libusb currently in woody. In excuses I
> see :
>      * libusb (1:0.1.4-2 to 1:0.1.5-3)
>           + Maintainer: Christopher L Cheney
>           + 11 days old (needed 2 days)
>           + Valid candidate
>
> Is this package going to enter in woody ?
> If no, is it possible to push it ?
> Or should we remove gphoto2 from woody ?

http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_output.txt

this is your friend :) [above]

trying: libusb
skipped: libusb (118+16)
    got: 16+0: a-16
    * alpha: gphoto2, gphoto2-dev, gtkam, gtkam-gimp, libgpio-dev, libgpio0, pencam, xsane

so it doesn't enter because it would break all of these packages

My suggestion would be to file bugs against these packages so that they get
rebuilt with the new version of libusb.

I've learnt it the hard way that bad shlibs will screw testing bad.
Fortunatelly it only did that for one package :)

- Adam