Re: how-to push a package in testing ?

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 09:45:25PM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 10:14:30AM -0500, christophe barb? wrote:
> > I have a problem which is certainly going to solvs itself soon but
> > I want to be sure.
> > A few package version ago, libusb lacks of shlibs info. This is now
> > solved and I have rebuild gphoto2 against the new libusb but during this
> > time my gphoto2 package requiring a 0.1.5 (upstream version) entered in
> > woody when the associated libusb package not (because of another
> > problem).
> >

> > gphoto2 doesn't work with the libusb currently in woody. In excuses I
> > see :
> >      * libusb (1:0.1.4-2 to 1:0.1.5-3)
> >           + Maintainer: Christopher L Cheney
> >           + 11 days old (needed 2 days)
> >           + Valid candidate
> >
> > Is this package going to enter in woody ?
> > If no, is it possible to push it ?
> > Or should we remove gphoto2 from woody ?
>
> http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_output.txt
>
> this is your friend :) [above]
>
> trying: libusb
> skipped: libusb (118+16)
>     got: 16+0: a-16
>     * alpha: gphoto2, gphoto2-dev, gtkam, gtkam-gimp, libgpio-dev, libgpio0, pencam, xsane

Why it seems to be alpha specific ?

gphoto2 (and gtkam,gtkam-gimp btw) in testing doesn't work with libusb currently in
testing.
I don't know for the others.

How fill a bug will solve that situation ? A few bugs have been
reported/fixed previously and here we are.

Should we fill RC bugs ? for gphoto2 or for all ?

Christophe