Re: Please compile clustalw on alpha, arm, powerpc, sh

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Michael Piefel wrote:

> May I know why you don't just do so yourself? It's not that hard.
> Voltaire has all the necessary build dependencies installed.
Hmm, but you have to be kind of lucky if all dependencies are installed:

  voltaire:~/treetool> dpkg-source -x *.dsc
  dpkg-source: extracting treetool in treetool-2.0.2a
  voltaire:~/treetool> cd treetool-2.0.2a/
  voltaire:~/treetool/treetool-2.0.2a> dpkg-buildpackage -B -uc -rfakeroot
  dpkg-buildpackage: source package is treetool
  dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 2.0.2a-1
  dpkg-buildpackage: source maintainer is Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
  dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is powerpc
  dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: xviewg-dev
  dpkg-buildpackage: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting.
  dpkg-buildpackage: (Use -d flag to override.)

So the general problem remains:  I have to ask somebody if he is so kind
to compile my non-free package or I have to wander around through the
different Debian machines and pray for solved Build-Dependencies. :-(

Kind regards

         Andreas.