Re: /etc/mailname

>>"Jamie" == Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@debian.org> writes:

 Jamie> libpaperg does something similar[1], sure I feel it would be
 Jamie> worthwhile creating a mailname package that owns
 Jamie> /etc/mailname, thus packages have something to depend on.

	I would object to that. Why create useless dependencies and
 empty packages? And how would it being a conffile help people who
 remove conffiles?

	Indeed, the way it is, it is better than a conffile, since
 packages can try and recreate it.  A removed conffile shall neer be
 recreated automatically (dpkg honours user intentions). Secondly, if
 it were a conffile, other packages can't modify or create a missinf
 mailnames file.

	manoj
--
 Phaedrus wishes he could get a machine that consists of Sparc IO,
 Alpha Processors and sleek design of an SGI <pp> And intel prices