Re: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 07:06:30PM -0800, Craig Dickson wrote:
> So should we have (groan) a ratings system for packages? BitchX at 17+
> due to tasteless jokes built into the package and the general low level
> of culture on IRC? XBill at 17+ for violence? Funny-manpages at 21+?

I am not sure a debian maintained ratings system would be a good idea...
Probably too many conflicting ideas on how certain packages should be
rated to have one central system.

...but if we could somehow offload this task to other people who want to
do it, then maybe it would be worthwhile.

That way, users can choose which rating system they prefer to
use. We all know that choice is meant to be a good thing, right?