Re: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

* Lazarus Long <lazarus@overdue.ddts.net> [020313 13:24]:
>  > > Yo family's so black, when they hold hands, it looks like a
>  > > stretch limo.
>  > > There's no excuse for racism in Debian.
> Again,  there is no excuse for racism in Debian.  Other packages have
> elided the inappropriate material in the past, as they should.  An IRC

Perhaps you should try and work this out into policy if you feel so
strongly about it instead of feeding a war on -devel?  I feel this fight
is becoming intrest-war less than a 'racism is bad, mm'kay' war.  You
have prefrences for your children, I'm pretty sure that out of all those
prefrences no two are perfectly alike.  One user can not dictate
policy, however, with more than one developer there is a potential for
change,  This change, however, can be stopped by other developers en
masse.

If your not allready noticing a concensus one way or another, there are
more formal ways of proving this is the way or not.  I urge you to make
a decision on this instead of wallowing around in -devel.  Enlist a
willing developer or two into your cause and find out if this is
feasible.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/