Re: [2002-03-03] Release Status Update

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 08:39:53PM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 02:20:11PM -0600, Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> was heard to say:
> > FWIW, there's been an upload of cdebconf that fixes the one RC bug.
> > Shows up oddly on the BTS webpages ('pending' seems to take precedence
> > over 'fixed'), but it's there nevertheless.  If this package is removed,
> > will it automatically be re-added to testing when its 10-day quarantine
> > is up?  Timidity seems to be in the same boat, from what I can see.

>   I'm not sure what you mean about timidity -- I assume the bug in
> question is #132847, and I don't see any evidence there that it's being
> worked on.  I also can't find it in incoming or in any of the DELAYED/*
> directories.

Ah -- forgot to look at the page for the source package, and missed
this bug.  Nevermind.

>   I heard a rumor that someone (tausq?) was working on it, but I don't
> really know.  I could have an NMU ready almost immediately -- it's about
> a one-line fix to the package.  (most of the time spent would be me
> reading and re-reading the documents on how to NMU, since I've so far
> successfully avoided doing one :) )

>   timidity not going in woody would be really bad -- a lot of cheap
> sound cards these days don't even have a bad MIDI/FM synthesizer built
> in.  (for instance, mine..)

I agree that timidity is a valuable package to keep in woody (even
sound cards that do have MIDI synth often sound like crap), and think
you shouldn't hesitate to NMU under the circumstances.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer