Re: [2002-03-03] Release Status Update

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 02:20:11PM -0600, Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> was heard to say:
> FWIW, there's been an upload of cdebconf that fixes the one RC bug.
> Shows up oddly on the BTS webpages ('pending' seems to take precedence
> over 'fixed'), but it's there nevertheless.  If this package is removed,
> will it automatically be re-added to testing when its 10-day quarantine
> is up?  Timidity seems to be in the same boat, from what I can see.

  I'm not sure what you mean about timidity -- I assume the bug in
question is #132847, and I don't see any evidence there that it's being
worked on.  I also can't find it in incoming or in any of the DELAYED/*
directories.

  I heard a rumor that someone (tausq?) was working on it, but I don't
really know.  I could have an NMU ready almost immediately -- it's about
a one-line fix to the package.  (most of the time spent would be me
reading and re-reading the documents on how to NMU, since I've so far
successfully avoided doing one :) )

  timidity not going in woody would be really bad -- a lot of cheap
sound cards these days don't even have a bad MIDI/FM synthesizer built
in.  (for instance, mine..)

  Daniel

|      You are standing west of a white house.  There is a mailbox here.      |
\------------- Debian GNU/Linux http://www.debian.org -- Because. ------------/