Re: ITP: autorun (automount daemon for e.g. cdrom devices)

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 03:55:11AM +0100, Christian Hammers wrote:
> Hello
>
> I intend to package the program "autorun" which is available from
>         http://sourceforge.net/projects/autorun/
>
> The upstream description is:
>         > autorun automagically recognizes all available CDROMs in the
>         > system, mounts them upon insertion of a media and executes a
>         > possible autorun executable on the CD. The user can remove the
>         > media; autorun will call unmount after that.

"I am ecstatic that some moron re-invented a 1995 windows fuckup."
        -- Alan Cox

Alan was referring to this program.

While I have no problem with smart cdrom/floppy handling, running ANYTHING
on the CD automatically is deserving of a severity grave bug against the
package:

2 grave      makes the package in question unusable or mostly so, or causes
             data loss, or introduces a security hole allowing access to the
             accounts of users who use the package.

The second half of that most certainly applies.  If the autorun functions
cannot be seperated easily from the automount functions, this package
should not go into Debian.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>                This thing is an AI

<WildTHing> ok guys .. so whens the next commit :PP
<taniwha> when they come to get me