Re: No PHP4 on arm keeps packages out of testing.

On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 15:16, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Perhaps I'm reading the buildd status page wrong?  I would assume that
> the fact php4 is listed on
> <http://buildd.debian.org/stats/?arch=arm&state=Building> as
>
> web/php4_4:4.1.1-2: Building by buildd [optional:uncompiled]
>   Previous state was Needs-Build until 2002 Feb 15 13:22:13
>
> means that the package has been in the process of building (failing to
> build) for 11 days.  Is this rather a case of stale information on the
> buildd pages?

It's not stale as such, but it is a bit misleading.

Packages go into the "Building" state automatically when the build
daemon picks them up.  They stay in that state until a human looks at
the log for the resulting build - this is almost always much longer than
the actual compilation time.

There is no public interface that allows you to find out which packages
are actively being compiled at any particular instant.  You can get some
idea about the disposition of out-of-date packages from the hall of
shame at http://auric.debian.org/~pb/shame/arm.html which categorises
them by state and also shows the status of the last completed build
attempt.

p.